width: 100% position: absolute; "[9], Sarah Stogner released a TikTok video in February 2022 where she appeared on a piece of oil pumping equipment topless and in her underwear with the caption, "They said I needed money. these factors can be viewed on . border: 1px solid #999; vertical-align: top; Maggie Astor .results_row.winner { Nov. 8, 2022, Democrat Tim Ryan leads Republican J.D. Click here for coverage of the May 24, 2022, Republican primary runoff. When President John Kennedy Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas, TX. These are only estimates, and they may not be informed by reports from election officials. U.S. President | letter-spacing: .04em; , Greg Landsman, Democrat, wins U.S. House seat to represent Ohios First Congressional District. ", Christian said that during his first term in office he has been "fighting against Biden Administration efforts like the Green New Deal, CLEAN Future Act, and the Paris Climate Agreement. Collectively, Trump won these Pivot Counties by more than 580,000 votes. The polls just closed in North Carolina, Ohio and West Virginia. Republicans need to flip only one seat to gain control of the Senate, while Democrats need to keep 50 seats to maintain control. Nov. 9, 2022, Majority-Hispanic counties in Florida voted to reelect Gov. The chair of the Texas Railroad Commission fell short of winning at least 50% of the vote and will . .race_header, .results_text, .results_table_container, .votebox_legend { } Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. Candidates are asked three required questions for this survey, but they may answer additional optional questions as well. We use early returns and polling data to estimate in real time the outcome of the elections for Senate and House control. overflow-x: auto; I have been in leadership positions since I was 19 stationed in Germany and I see no reason to quit now. if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? What we expect this year Nov. 9, 2022, With more counties nearly finished counting, things keep looking better for Lt. Gov. In Colorado, a measure to decriminalize certain psychedelics is close but yet to be decided. Citizen's rights under the law. Maggie Astor RRC's 2022 Year in Review publication looks back on a year of numerous accomplishments and shows an agency that is constantly evolving and adjusting as it works to improve in its regulation of the oil and gas industry, pipeline safety, critical gas infrastructure, coal and uranium surface mining, natural gas utilities and alternative fuel safety margin-bottom: 4px; Lazaro Gamio Were getting results from five states where voters are deciding whether to legalize marijuana. Colorados Third District is leaning toward Lauren Boebert, an ardent supporter of Donald Trump, according to our estimates. School districts | width: 35px !important; Railroad Commissioner Wayne Christian, left, is heading into a runoff in May with Sarah Stogner, who came in second place. Our current regulators have ignored these problems for too long. letter-spacing: 0.03em; Nate Cohn Maggie Astor Montana voters rejected a proposal that would have required medical interventions to save those that the state defines as born alive infants. Everything I have in my life, I have had to work hard for. The data is gathered and made available by Transparency USA. By Russell Gold February 17, 2022 11 Incumbent. Nov. 10, 2022, Support for the abortion proposal was stronger than support for reelected Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, in 76 of the states 83 counties. width: 50%; .votebox-results-metadata-p { Heres the naked truth, guys. } , Katie Hobbs, an election official who stood up to allies of Donald Trump, beat his Republican pick for Arizonas governor, Kari Lake. While the three majority-Hispanic counties Hendry, Miami-Dade and Osceola shifted the most, Latino turnout tends to drop more in the midterms compared with other groups. Polls are now closed in Hawaii. The Associated Press has not called New Yorks race for governor but Gov. As a lifelong Republican I am running to be your Railroad Commissioner so I can fight hard for Texas conservative values! color: #0645ad; Lazaro Gamio I think it certainly helps, but so does the experience gained in the field and brought to the commission. Of these 206 counties, one is located in Texas, accounting for 0.5 percent of the total pivot counties.[13]. } border: 1px solid #999; James Wright defeated incumbent Ryan Sitton in the Republican primary for Texas Railroad Commission on March 3, 2020. display: inline-block; His Republican challenger, Herschel Walker, is backed by Donald Trump. } Republicans have won in four of five New York tossup seats, and the Republican candidate is ahead in the fifth. text-align: center; border-radius: 0 0 7px 7px; , Susie Lee, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Nevadas Third Congressional District. Ballotpedia defined those won by Trump won as Retained Pivot Counties and those won by Joe Biden (D) as Boomerang Pivot Counties. Sittons opponent, now-Commissioner Jim Wright, raised less than $13,000. Ballotpedia features 395,557 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. Todays voting will decide the balance of power in Congress. The following key messages were curated by Ballotpedia staff. age 8. The Railroad Commission, through its Oil and Gas Division, regulates the exploration, production, and transportation of oil and natural gas in Texas. Follow our live analysis and the latest updates. .answers-container { I will also protect landowner's rights. What qualities does this office possess that makes it a unique and important part of the state government and legal system? .multi-survey-header { I love the Oil & Gas Industry and I'm committed to keeping our workers safe and our environment clean. What was the last song that got stuck in your head? overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; It is the primary regulatory agency for the production of Oil & Gas, mining, pipeline safety, utilities, etc. font-size: 20px; .race_header { We need to include all stakeholders (including operators, landowners, mineral owners, regulators, and the general public) at the table as we usher in the next era of Texas energy independence. Lazaro Gamio You can trust me to lead Texas down the conservative path at the Railroad Commission and help domestic oil and gas in Texas flourish while keeping our operations clean and safe! Year in Review Publication. height: auto; Source: Election results and race calls are from The Associated Press. Look Back at a Year of Achievements and Growth for the RRC in 2022. Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, and bull-dog tenacity. } Nov. 9, 2022, More than 210 Republicans who questioned the 2020 election have won seats in the U.S. House and Senate and in state races for governor, secretary of state and attorney general, according to results as of 12 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday. Vance won Ohio handily even as almost every part of the state voted more for Democrats than they did in 2020. , Mike Lawler, Republican, wins U.S. House seat to represent New Yorks 17th Congressional District. NYT Graphics Helping establish global ESG (environmental, social, and governance) metrics and standards. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Heres who won The commission does not regulate the railroad industry, but instead oversees the oil and gas business in Texas. Federal and state primary competitiveness, Ballotpedia's Election Analysis Hub, 2022, Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. It could be awhile before all votes are counted. } background-color: #db0000; As a Texas Railroad Commissioner, I will serve our state by asking difficult questions and including all stakeholders to reach the answers together. .results_row td { In Ariz., Mont., Neb. "We need someone with oilfield experience overseeing the industry who isnt bought and paid for," Stogner told the Tribune. Janet Mills of Maine. .panel-group .panel {margin-bottom: 10px;} He is facing a primary challenge from Dwayne Tipton, a longtime oil-and-gas worker from Killeen. Virginias Seventh District is one of three races in the state that could offer an early sign of whether the Democrats can retain control of the House. Commissioner Wayne Christian A lifelong conservative businessman, Wayne Christian was elected as our 50 th Texas Railroad Commissioner in November 2016. background-color: #6db24f; .votebox-results-cell--number { Albert Sun .votebox_bp_logo { Andrew Fischer height: 56px; I am a fiscal conservative and value maximizing efficiency and cutting waste. I am passionate about ensuring Texas remains an international leader in energy production. A number of offices are up for a vote -- including major seats like the governor . Nate Cohn Percent. , The Hillbilly Elegy author and Republican J.D. A majority of employees have worked at the Railroad Commission for one to 10 years . ". Greg Abbott brushed off a well-funded challenge from Beto ORourke, winning a third term as Texas governor. .votebox-scroll-container { Slocum said on his website, "I will focus on adopting smart energy-strong policies while maintaining a stable job creation strategy to support and strengthen our economy through our independent oil, gas, and energy production. margin-right: 10px; Kathy Hochul claimed victory late Tuesday against Representative Lee Zeldin, a conservative Republican. To read this candidate's full survey responses, click here. Texas had one Retained Pivot County, 0.55 percent of all Retained Pivot Counties. }.

. .results_table { All Texans deserve access to clean, reliable, and affordable energy. The Railroad Commission regulates oil, gas and mining in Texas. by Alejandra Martinez and Erin Douglas Nov.. Pennsylvanias Senate race now leans Democratic, according to our estimates. One of the reasons I'm running for office is because I'm struggling to find any elected officials who are role models. , David Valadao, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Californias 22nd Congressional District. John Fetterman defeated the celebrity TV host Dr. Mehmet Oz, flipping Pennsylvanias Senate seat to the Democrats. The Commission's regulatory power is unique because oil and gas is responsible for a large portion of the Texas economy. , Marc Molinaro, Republican, wins U.S. House seat to represent New Yorks 19th Congressional District. Nov. 10, 202110 AM Central. .votebox-scroll-container { , Where Senate Candidates Outperformed Biden and Trump. ", "I'm a Christian that has had two amazing careers and have now chosen to enter politics. Senator Lisa Murkowski, a Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka. Wayne Christian, incumbent commissioner overseeing oil and gas industry, is headed to a runoff. The Associated Press has not yet called the race. I love Texas and the United States of America. election denier who marched to the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in the race to be Arizonas secretary of state. I believe in limited government. Tech: Matt Latourelle Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez, [[Category: Marquee, completed election, 2022]. position: relative; | } 6:30 AM on Feb 15, 2022 CST Updated at 1:28 PM on Feb 18, 2022 CST AUSTIN Republican primary challengers to Texas Railroad Commission Chairman Wayne Christian have sharpened their. $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { Nov. 8, 2022, The Timess election forecast is now running. background-color: green; font-size: 2em; clearInterval(nTimer); Stogner and Christians other opponents in the race Dawayne Tipton, a former oil field roughneck who has worked various oil sector jobs including offshore drilling, and Tom Slocum Jr., an engineering consultant from the Houston area all criticized Christian and the Railroad Commission for not being proactive before and during last years deadly winter freeze. overflow-y: hidden; .results_table_container { border-radius: 50%; } Herschel Walker, Republican, advances to a runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Nov. 9, 2022, Maryland and Missouri voted to legalize recreational marijuana for people 21 and older, while voters in Arkansas, North Dakota and South Dakota rejected similar measures. The race for North Carolinas open Senate seat is leaning toward Representative Ted Budd, a Republican, according to our estimates. The online system allows individuals working in alternative fuels industries to register and pay for a class and/or exam in a single transaction.. display: block; She believed in me and pushed me to be a better and more productive student. } The state established the Railroad Commission in 1891 to prevent monopolies in the oil industry. $52,100. I went to Disney World with my family for Christmas, and still have "It's a small world after all" stuck in my head 5 days later! Maximizing the benefits of natural resources for all Texans will ensure a robust Texas economy."[6]. padding:7px 8px 8px; I'm a husband, a father, a grandfather and a great grandfather. Albert Sun display: block; I don't see my self as a politician, but a problem solver. Stogner said on her campaign website that she has represented landowners, oil service companies, and oil and gas well operators for more than 15 years. Whose example would you like to follow, and why? Election 2022 Texas Results Takeaways Governor Attorney General Texas Railroad Commissioner Primary Election Results Republican Primary Runoff Wayne Christian and Sarah Stogner have. } Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2020, Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2018, United States congressional delegations from Texas, Texas railroad commission official website, District of Columbia (board of education), State executive officials serving in home states, Ken Carbullido, Vice President of Election Product and Technology Strategy, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Texas_Railroad_Commissioner_election,_2022_(March_1_Republican_primary)&oldid=9044645, Pages using DynamicPageList dplreplace parser function, Texas state executive official elections, 2022, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections. In college I worked as a receptionist at a law firm. Christian's professional experience includes working in business, banking, and real estate and owning a financial services business. Attorney General Mandela Barnes, delivering a critical victory for Republicans. 1. Elected officials should not be career politicians. Nov. 10, 2022, As of noon Eastern time, Democrats have won 190 House seats, Republicans have won 208, and 37 are still undecided. 3. }) Texas ranked as the state with the highest share of total economic contributions by the oil and natural gas industry, generating $411.6 billion toward the state's GDP - including $251.2 billion added to total labor income. Our mission is to serve Texas by our stewardship of natural resources and the environment, our concern for personal and community safety, and our support of enhanced development and economic vitality for the benefit of Texans.